LaughingLife consist of FUN sessions which engages the timeless ingredient of Laughter, with deep breathing and meditation to help you enjoy the moment. Laughter helps you get in touch with your inner child which can help you tap into a happy, peaceful time in your past whether it be a funny moment, beautiful engagement with nature or animals. It allows you take TIME to smell the roses, listen to bird singing or relax and do nothing to enjoy the moment. Laughter and Rest aren't a LUXURY, they’re a NECESSITY.
The FUN sessions consist of Laughter. Also consists of deep breathing which helps to release the stress in the body, with visualisation, relaxation, mindfulness (enjoying the moment), music and meditation which have similar effects on the brain. Laughter is the universal language as it knows no culture, gender, race. It brings people together relaxes tenses situations and enables togetherness. Helping to enjoy the moment and helping to clear the internal HEAD NOISE, creating RELAXATION.
Laughter is like a form of mindfulness, when you are immersed in Laughter, you are free of any distractions. It helps to build resilience and hope by freeing you up from the moment which could be anxiety, stress, or depression.
There is sufficient evidence that the brain can’t distinguish between pretend laughter and real laughter which allows yourself to act happy which produces happiness chemicals. You need to have the willingness to laugh and give yourself permission to laugh.
Simulated laughter can easily be converted to real laughter when performed in a group, as laughter is infectious. FUN sessions can be summarised by the following analogy. “You are running late to a party and you joined a group of friends and they are laughing. Generally, you will start laughing and if you were asked, what are you laughing at, you wouldn’t know as laughter is contagious”. Laughing in a group for no reason, helps to break inhibitions and helps to create a sense of humour and a freedom to be who you are. Even the sound of laughter is contagious and engenders a laugh or at least a smile.
"If you are a working person, laughter in a group situation will give you an instant" relaxation and help you to increase wellbeing, to encourage you to work smarter and efficiently during the day. Laughter in work group situations helps to break down communication walls which encourages a more relaxed work environment which can lead to total engagement at work.
People may not be fully aware of the relationship between their mental and emotional wellbeing and the work environment. FUN sessions benefits
- • Helps to reduce employee absenteeism. One in five Australians (21%) have taken time off work in the past 12 months because they felt stressed, anxious, depressed or mentally unhealthy. In workplaces that employees consider mentally healthy, self-reported absenteeism as a result of experiencing mental ill-health almost halves (13%). Refer to Headsup Report. https://www.headsup.org.au/docs/default-source/resources/bl1270-report---tns-the-state-of-mental-health-in-australian-workplaces-hr.pdf?sfvrsn=8
- • Customer service internally and externally improves
- • Productivity, over 6 million workdays lost each year in Australia, 12 million days of reduced productivity each year, https://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/topic/mental-health#mental-health-in-the-workplace
- • Culture as employees feel Mental Health support is important in the workplace. https://www.icare.nsw.gov.au/news-and-stories/changing-workplace-culture-for-better-mental-health#gref
- • Pain Management
- • NEW EXPERIENCE – NOT MANY PEOPLE HAVE DONE THIS “IT IS TOTAL ENGAGEMENT”
- • Price Waterhouse Coopers research shows that $2.30 is the average return of investment for every $1 invested in creating a mentally healthy workplace. The Mental Healthy Workplace Alliance Final Report March 2014
- • Helps to mitigate potential penalties for breaches of work, health and safety legislation
Mental Health Claim Statistics
https://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/system/files/documents/1710/australian-workers-compensation-statistics-2015-16 Serious claims: median compensation paid by nature of injury or disease, 2000–01 and 2010–11 to 2014–15
The largest increase was for Mental stress, which increased by five working weeks from 11.4 working weeks in 2000–01 to 16.4 working weeks in 2014–15. Mental stress claims consistently had the longest median time lost from work, almost 3 times the 2014–15 median.
The high median time lost for Mental stress claims also resulted in those claims having the highest median payment ($28 900 in 2014–15), more than double the median for all serious claims of $11 000.